STRATEGIC BLUE PRINT TASK FORCE
The Taskforce on the Money Services Business Strategic Blueprint was set up by the Association in January 2021 pursuant to the Money Services Business Regulator’s (MSBR) aspiration for the Association to continue its efforts to modernise and transform the MSB industry into a progressive and professional sector for the next 5 years (2022-2026). The inaugural strategic blueprint (SBP) that was crafted in 2015 had successfully identified the 3-fold objectives for the development of the SBP and derived 6 SBP Strategic Outcomes that collectively aimed at meeting the Association’s Vision.
The Taskforce in principle has agreed to maintain the 6 SBP Strategic Outcomes and will make minor changes for better sustainability whilst maintaining a competitive and dynamic MSB industry. The new MSB Strategic Blueprint 2022-2026 (New SBP) will actionplans to meet the current MSB landscape that has moved into thedigital and fintech space.
The present Taskforce consisting of our 9 esteemed members; representing money changers, remitters, e-money service providers and fintech players are in the process of developing the new Strategic Blueprint. They have split into 3 small groups to brainstorm on 2 Strategic Outcomes each to enable the development of new action plans.
List of members contributing under the Taskforce
Strategic Outcome 1: Enhanced Professionalism &Compliance Culture
Strategic Outcome 2: Availability of Competent, Capable& Adequate Talent Pool
- Lead by Mr. Mohamed Ershad (S.S.B Interchange Sdn Bhd)
- Ms. Leow Su Lin (FOO In Sdn Bhd)
- Mr. Ramesh Chaulagain (IME Sdn Bhd)
Strategic Outcome 3: Competitive, Dynamic & Competitive MSB Industry
Strategic Outcome 4: Efficient & Sustainable MAMSB
- Lead by Mr. Manimakudam Karuppiah (Suria Muhabat Sdn Bhd)
- Mr. Sarveswarren (TNG Digital Remittance Sdn Bhd)
- Mr. Akbar Batcha bin Mohamed Shamsuddin (Akbar Money Changer Sdn Bhd)
Strategic Outcome 5: Increased usage of formal MSB Channels
Strategic Outcome 6: Improve Reputation & Public Confidence
- Lead by Mr. Adrian Yap (MoneyMatch Sdn Bhd)
- Ms. Noorzliana Binti Ahmad (Merchantrade Asia Sdn Bhd)
- Rajendar Dhorkay (NIUM Sdn Bhd)