8. Other key policies and templates
You do not have to have a staff policy on every single aspect of your business. However, as an employer, you must set out details of your dismissal/disciplinary procedures in writing and, if you employ five or more people, you must have a written health and safety policy.
In instances where there may be no legal requirement, it is still good practice to set out formal written policies so that workers understand what is expected of them and what they can expect in return.
To help you develop up-to-date and compliant policies and procedures, you can download, customise and use our templates and sample documents:
- sample meeting action list (DOC, 14K)
- return to work interview format (DOC, 13K)
- sample alcohol and drug policy (DOC, 16K)
- social media, internet and email policy and guidance checklist (DOC, 13K)
- sample social media internet and email security policy guidelines (DOC, 24K)
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of possible employment policies.
You should also consider developing policies on issues such as working time and time off, equality and diversity, bullying and harassment, training and performance management, and others.